Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Kitchenette

www.kitchenettesf.com

Visit dates: January 10

"Spontaneous organic covert nourishment"

Daily offerings include 1-2 sandwiches, a soup and/or salad, and cookie of the moment. Cash only.

Kitchenette is hidden in a row of loading docks in SF's Dogpatch area. I'm not quite sure where the kitchen even is because my sandwich just miraculously appears from behind some shelving a few minutes after I order.

Since the menu changes daily, I've kept an eye out for something I want to try. Today's sandwich is corned beef with caraway braised cabbage (w/onions) and grain mustard. The sandwich is $8.22 but added tax makes the total $9. It's kind of expensive for just a sandwich, but the sandwich is a decent size at 6" x 3.5" and the flavor is really tasty – corned beef is fatty but not too fatty, cabbage just salty enough but also sweet with some melted onions in it.

See additional post: Kitchenette, Part 2







No comments:

Post a Comment