Friday, January 21, 2011

Kitchenette, Part 2

www.kitchenettesf.com

See previous post: Kitchenette

Visit date: January 21

Kitchenette is my new favorite sandwich joint. Since the house corned beef, I find myself looking at their menu every other day to see what delicious, scrumptious concoctions they are offering. Unfortunately, I missed the Berkshire pork pozole on MLK Monday. So sad!

But good thing I checked the menu early this morning. These sandwiches are perfect for some much needed Friday gluttony.

seared kakuni pork belly sandwich with
cucumber kimchi, shichimi mayonnaise, arugula

Pretty intense sandwich. Definitely not a sandwich to eat everyday, but once in awhile is good.
The meat is moist and the fat is fatty, but not too greasy.
Shichimi is a seven-flavor chili pepper. According to Wiki, common blend includes red chili pepper, sansho, roasted orange peel, black and white sesame seeds, hemp seed, ground ginger and nori. I'm not sure what Kitchenette's combo is, but the spice definitely comes through and helps to mellow out the fattiness of the meat a little. But the spread is still a mayonnaise base, so beware.

grilled farmstead cheese sandwich
with grilled pears & leeks, county line farm chicories

Who said being a vegetarian sucks? If anything, I think vegetarians are more creative with their dishes. They have limited items to work with and have to coax the most flavor out of what they're given. This sandwich is one great example. Kitchenette takes the combo of cheese and fruit to the next level. It really is melt-in-your-mouth good!

cookie of the moment: chocolate peanut butter
Cookies to round out lunch. Like I said, Friday gluttony at its best. Actually, I got 4 (ate one in the car) because they forgot to put it in my bag and I had to go back. Woohoo! Cookie is on the thinner side, crisp on the outside and softer in the middle. Yum!

Now for some milk and an afternoon nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment